Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Thoughts by Jack Handy...WAIT!

Ive read some pretty profound blogs..and unfortuately im always profound on the air so Im exhausted...in the area of profoundness. BUT...I can cut like a knife(brian adams reference)

Ive often thought about running for government office, but each time I go to a meeting Im reminded its not a good idea. Statutory requirements, fiscal restraint and the endless paperwork that has become the bureaucratic envy of the Western Hemisphere. I wonder if I can control the masochistic nature of a public servant to serve and bless the lives of others. Those who run are doers and those who don't are complainers...I can decide which I want to be.

In the endless meetings that consume tuesday's of my life, Ive found a new best friend. My cell phone. Numbers galore and games like brickbreaker..and..um...brickbreaker. But what I value most is the ability to randomly text and visit with long lost friends. granted I do pay attention in the meetings, but is it so wrong to reach out of the bubble of meetingdom? opinions welcome.

And finally, thanks to a new found friend...I'm starting to realize the good in everything. for example...the fact that I got out of a meeting before 9:00 o'clock. And even though the Blackhawks are stinking it up....I still have a sweet beard.

1 comment: